About Yoav Leiser
About The Artist
Yoav Leiser started working as an artist in 1987.
In the early years he sculptured small wooden dolls using a German book on basic sculpturing.
Later he studied sculpturing in professional galleries all around Israel,
Yoav Leiser (DMD, PhD) is currently an attending surgeon and the head of the Laboratory for Oral Cancer Research at Rambam Health Care Campus in Haifa,
and continues his work on his spare time.
- 1987-1995: Studied and practiced the art of wood carving.
- 1995-1997: Studied wood carving techniques in Hans Yuachin Kantor's workshop, NEVE ZEDEK, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- 1999-2001: Studied stone and clay sculpturing techniques and model sculpturing in Paul Taylor's workshop, Jerusalem, Israel.
- 2002-2006: Studied new techniques of casting and model sculpturing, Anat Eshed the Israeli Museum, Jerusalem, Israel.
- 2006-2008: Studied at different workshops the art of electroplating.
- 2012-2013: Studied glass sculpturing Genady Zurabel, Haifa, Israel.
May 1st 2004 - The Israeli Cinematek in Jerusalem. Exhibition lasted for a month.